I took a chalk and mineral paint class a few weeks ago and it was so fun. I was hooked. This paint is not “chalk Board” paint, it is chalk paint. If you use 3 coats on a piece and you don’t seal it, then yes, you can write on it with chalk.
You don’t have to sand and prep your piece but since it was my first attempt I did.
- I painted on a darker blue color called Dollar Bill by American Paint Company.
- I then mixed in equal parts Linen by Cece Caldwell (white color) into my Dollar Bill paint.
- My next coat was my mixed color.
- I let it dry and then used a wet rag to wash it down and distress it the way I wanted.
- I let that dry and then waxed it with Cece Caldwell’s cream wax.
- I used American Paint Company Clear Coat on the top. I have been told to use that on high traffic surfaces.
- 24 hours later I took my buffer brush attachment on my power drill and buffed it all (not the top with the clear coat) to a nice satin sheen.